Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before

Something has stuck with me since the Detroit Auto Show last month and I finally figured out what it is. Chevrolet introduced two concept cars, the Tru 140S and the Code 130R, both of which are rather appealing in their own way, yet I couldn't shake the feeling that I already knew these fella's.

The Tru 140S seems to ape the general lines of the Mitsubishi Eclipse, a car that was born in 1998 and has had the swoopy profile update since 2006.


Then we have the Code 130R, all I have to say here is "Hmmmmmmm" while giving Chevy the old Schoolmarm stare down, waiting for them to admit their guilt in the styling department. Maybe in Detroit the BMW 1 Series is rare enough to justify the homage but in the rest of the world we've been seeing them regularly since 2004. All in all, while the cars are pretty striking, Ricky Ricardo might suggest "Chevy, you have some 'splainin' to do!"



Comments